ACHIEVEMENT UNDER MANIPUR ORGANIC MISSION AGENCY
BENEFICIARIES UNDER MOVCDNER PHASE-I (2015-16 TO 2017-18) AND PHASE-II (2018-19 TO 2020-2021) IN MANIPUR
A total of 12,500 organic farmers covering 12,500 farmers (5000 farmers covering 5,000 ha during Phase- I and 7,500 farmers covering 7,500 ha during Phase – II) have been registered as beneficiaries of the scheme growing 6 horticultural crops viz., Pineapple, Tamenglong Orange, Kachai Lemon, King Chilli, Ginger, Turmeric and 2 agricultural crops viz., Chakhao (Black Aromatic Rice) and HYV paddy. The farmers details like name, address, GPS co-ordinates, aadhar number and bank account details were collected for registration of farmers. A total of 625 Farmer Interest Group (FIGs) comprising 20-25 farmers each have been formed to facilitate organic farming on cluster basis for more successful implementation of the scheme. The registered farmers were distributed with quality planting material through their respective service providers. As a support for on-farm and off-farm nutrient management in their respective organic farms, Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) @ ₹7500.00 through their respective bank account has been transferred successfully for 2 years.
LIST OF FARMERS REGISTERED UNDER MOVCDNER PHASE-I (2015-16 TO 2017-18)
LIST OF FARMERS REGISTERED UNDER MOVCDNER PHASE-I (2018-19 TO 2020-21)
Creation of input facilitation service centre and agri-machinery custom hiring centre at commodity cluster / FPC level for creation of need-based facilities depending upon the crop and activities has been constructed. A total of 6 (six) such units/ centers was constructed at Karpusunba (Kangpokpi), Komlathabi (Chandel), Tanrui (Ukhrul), Imphal East, Thoubal and Bishenpur.
Development of functional infrastructure for collection and grading units under the ownership of FPCs through technical consultancies and hired experts has also been carried out. A total of 3 (three) such units/ centers was constructed at Imphal East, Thoubal and Bishenpur.
Organic Certification by third party certification under NPOP is being carried out for 5000 ha of area. The certification is carried out by OneCert Asia Agri Certification Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur. Till date 1st year organic scope certificate (C1) and 2nd year organic scope certificate (C2) has been obtained for all 5000 ha of area. Very soon the crops will undergo 3rd year of certification making it fully certified organic produces.
ORGANISE TRAINING PROGRAMME, CONFERENCE, WORKSHOP, BUYER SELLER MEET ETC.
Manipur Organic Mission Agency regularly conduct various training programme at various places to give awareness to the farmers and general public about the advantages of organic farming. The training also imparts the participant with various technical knowledge on organic certification, organic cultivation of practices and discuss the problem of the participant for a sustainable solution. More than 200 farmers’ training and 15 trainers’ training have been successfully conducted. Buyer Seller Meet was held on 17-18th April, 2017 where farmers, buyers from inside and outside the State and local entrepreneurs interacted. Demand from quality organic produce/products of the State could be identified.
Some photographs of the various training programee/worshops/ seminars conducted at various parts of the state
Buyer Seller Meet cum Workshop for Agricultural and Horticulture products with Special Focus on Organic Produces on Manipur on 17th – 18th April, 2017 at City Convention, Imphal
ORGANIC OUTLET OPENED IN MANIPUR
An Organic Outlet at Directorate of Horticulture and Soil Conservation, Sanjenthong, Manipur has been opened during November, 2017. The Organic Outlet is currently selling quality organic produce/products procured from the registered organic farmers under MOVCDNER and naturally grown produce from the State and organic products from outside the State to the consumers.
"ORGANIC MANIPUR" BRAND LAUNCHED
Lack of special and unique attributes that distinguishes the organic produce hampers the price premium, Manipur organic farmers can realize in domestic and international market. The states organic produce also suffers from the lack of brand identity; therefore it is necessary that a brand identity is created. Hence, the brand “Organic Manipur” has been launched and registered to reap the benefits of a branded organic produce. Promotion of the brand is under taken by hoarding, advertisement, sponsoring and other related activities.
PARTICIPATION IN VARIOUS FAIRS/EXHIBITION/CONFERENCES/WORKSHOP/BUYER SELLER MEETS...
Manipur Organic Mission Agency (MOMA) has participated in various state level, national level and international level fairs/ exhibition/workshops/buyer seller meet etc. to showcase and promote the organic products of the state and also to cater the demand of various buyer for organic produces of the state. Some of the notable participation in such events by the agencies are listed below:
- Participated and showcased organic products of Manipur in EXIM Conclave held at Mandalay, Myanmmar on 22nd February, 2018.
- Participated in World Organic Congress held at Greater Noida, India from 9-11th November, 2017, 30 lead farmers representing all the districts of Manipur were exposed to world of organics.
- Participated in North East – As an Organic Hub at Aizawl Club, Mizoram on 14th June, 2016
- Participated in BIOFACH 2016 at Okhla, New Delhi from 10th to 12th November, 2016
- Participated in India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 14th to 27th November, 2016
- Participated in Sangai Festival, a tourism festival of the Manipur from 21st to 30th November, 2016
- Participated in Outreach programme for matching of suitable organic products in North Eastern Region and linking Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Programme on Organic Farming in North East with Export Strategy at NEDFI Guwahati from 18-19th January, 2017
- Participate in Destination North East 2017 at Chandigarh, Punjab from 6-8th March, 2017
- Participated in National level Agriculture Fair, Krishi Unnati Mela (KUM) was held during 16th-18th March, 2018 at IARI, Pusa, New Delhi
- Participated in 105th Indian Science Congress, 2018 on 16-20th March, 2018 at Manipur University Imphal.
- Participated in North East Craft and Organic Fair, 2018 held at NEDFi House, Guwahati from 9th -13th August, 2018.
- Participated in BIOFACH 2018 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 25th to 27th October, 2018