- To develop crop commodity specific organic value chain and address gaps in organic crop production, wild crop harvesting, organic livestock management and processing handling and marketing of organic agricultural products through:
- Developing crop specific organic production clusters with necessary infrastructural, technical and financial support
- By facilitating partnerships between farmers and organic businesses: Local enterprises and / or Farmer Producer Companies based on back-to-back long-term trade relations with clients in domestic and export markets.
- By providing enabling environment for project initiatives and development programs with necessary support for organic value chain development and create market access
- To empower producers with program ownership by organizing them into FIGs with the final aim to federate into farmer producer organizations/ companies
- To replace conventional farming/subsistence farming system into local resource based, self sustainable, high value commercial organic enterprise
- Developing commodity specific commercial organic value chain under integrated and concentrated approach with end-to-end facilities for production, processing, storage and marketing
- Development of organic parks/zones with facilities for collection, aggregation, value addition, processing, storage and market-linkages for specific commodities requiring capital intensive technology
- Develop Manipur products as brands/labels through brand building and facilitating stronger marketing access under the ownership of growers’ organizations/ companies
- Coordinating, monitoring, supporting and financing the development and operation of entire value chain
- To install dedicated institutional systems at Manipur for development and promotion of organic farming
- To create end-to-end organic value chain models by the integration of growers, handlers, processors and market facilitation agencies.
- To empower approximately 5000 (five thousand) farmers of Manipur through the creation of 10 farmer producer companies and equip such companies with full value chain under its ownership.
- To convert subsistence farming to commercial organic farming with end-to-end facilities
- To make Manipur a major suppliers of organic commodities for national and international markets.
- To improve production system to ensure higher productivity with better profitability.
- To enable states to evolve an own brand.